Ten Reasons Why I Love Living in the Jungle
Published in Blog, June 12, 2010
1. No need for alarm clocks. Monkeys start howling promptly at 6am.
2. No need for TV or scary movies. You can find tarantulas on your doorstep and watch dogs eat turtle eggs live.
3. No need for a gym because walking anywhere feels like completing a triathlon or Xtrerra cross-country race.
4. No need for clothes. A bikini works for sunshine and rain. It also makes you very popular when you wear one to the discotecha.
5. Cars? Ha! They would break on these roads.
6. Grocery stores are nice. But bananas grow outside. Fish are always in the sea. Coconuts on the tree. Chickens, though… that’s another story.
7. Running water runs out? Can’t shower? That’s okay. It usually rains every day in the afternoon. Step outside and have a rinse.
8. Forgot your ipod? The combo sound of crickets chirping, frogs screaming, rain beating palm leaves, and rivers rushing with water is a melody you can’t buy.
9. Composting is so easy. Eat a watermelon; throw rind into jungle. Gone the next day. Same with dog excrement, egg shells, pineapple skin and more.
10. Don’t want to call someone back or answer your email? Saying the power ran out is a likely tale. So is saying the cell tower got struck by lightening. Both happened just last week – more than once.